I remember going to an International Indigenous Leadership Gathering (http://www.iilg.ca/the-gathering) a few years back in Lillooet, BC and for 4 days I listened to Elders, Spiritual People from all over the world, Dene, Mayan, Hawaiian, New Zealanders, even David Sukuki...and they all had a similar message, "we need to make change today, not tomorrow, and honor who we are as Indigenous People and use our knowledge given to us by the Creator to make change in the World". However, there were other messages I walked away with that stuck with me:
- We all need to assist our Indigenous brothers and sisters to see how they are affecting the rest of the world with their compliance and acceptance of Oil Exploration because Alberta region has one of the world's largest Oil Tarsands. They need to see how Mother Earth is being violated. We need to help them see through prayer, ceremony, and sharing our knowledge.
- then David Suzuki explained how we only have one planet and not another to go too, even though they are looking for one lol It reminds me of Indigenous People on Turtle Island and also the South American Indigenous People, once these lands and waters are raped and destroyed, it's not like we can go anywhere else...or will there be anywhere in the world to go after this...NOPE! I pray for the Aborigines of Australia now because they recently just found a trillion $ worth pool of oil and the only way to extract is through fracking. They will need all of us too.
- Then, this message which reminds me of this amazing young lady, Ta'Kaiya Blaney, even though her message speaks of our responsibility and accountability to 7 generations ahead and behind us... "Our Ancestors are being born in our children today, this is why we see our children with a knowing like they are old souls, and as parents, we need to honor and respect our role. Therefore, be the best parents we can be and support our children to share their gifts and knowledge so we can be there for them when they create change in the world".
Ever since I heard about Idle No More, it seemed, everything I've done, learned, and experienced was preparing me for this time in our existence. As I reflect further, I think of my late grandmother (nohkom) Roseanna Houle. She was only with us for a short time, she went on to the Ancestors when I was 9 yrs old and in that short time with us, it seemed she selected certain stories and/or teachings for us to use today. She explained, in Cree, how all human beings had gifts from Creator, how they stopped listening and talking to the animals, therefore; loosing their way. She also spoke of a time of great change in the world and how a child will lead etc...so many teachings that prepared us for today...
I encourage you all to search this young lady out on Internet and listen to her word's or, in other words ~ listen to our Ancestral messages, after all, she is our grandchildren's Ancestor.
Water Is Life...
Stop Waiting for Tomorrow and Stop Living for Tomorrow, we need to live for Today!
Shannon M Houle: All I've Learned Prepared me for #idlenomore shannonhoule.blogspot.com/2013/03/all-iv…
— Shannon M Houle (@smhoule) March 9, 2013
- Idle No More
- Idle No More App
- Idle No More Daily
- Idle No More Facebook Community
- Idle No More Facebook Official
- Idle No More Twitter
- Idle No More News Twitter
- Idle No More Events
- Please note, encourage all to register all there events here, in addition, to your Facebook created event pages and/or websites etc..
- Idle No More Facebook Events
- Ta'Kaiya Blaney Website
- Ta'Kaiya Blaney on YouTube