Sunday, August 14, 2011

Soil Ingestion Research Project ~ Cold Lake, AB

Well the day is getting near, 3 more days.  Our official meeting with the researchers from University of Ottawa will be tomorrow in St. Paul, AB.  There, we will be given the complete details and what is expected of us "ginny pigs" lol.  I am still debating how organic I want to go, after all, this research project is all about testing what we ingest and that, I feel, includes the chemicals we put on our body like bug spray, shampoo, lotions etc.  ~ our skin is the largest absorbing organ on our body, it's like a sponge and it soaks up everything in our environment.  I guess, I will wait & see for the meeting tomorrow because I'm even thinking of giving up my shampoo and using baking soda & vinegar for my hair.  I watched a Youtube video on it today, quite interesting.  I am just glad I use Melaleuca products & not all these chemicals in my home.
Cold Lake, AB at sunrise in the wee morning
Well anyways, this will be my view of the sunrise for 13 days, I plan to soak up every moment.  I am so grateful for this opportunity and  it reminds me of the days, as a child, when we would spend all our summer days here with family and lots of cousins and swimming all day, making sand castles, burying each other in sand, and cooking over an open fire....awe the days of simplicity!

I am getting to excited!

I'll keep you all posted...

2 comments:

karen said...

I've been using baking soda and apple cider vinegar for my hair for the past year and a half and it has been amazing! The few times I've used shampoo & conditioner, my hair is a flop.

I wash it every 10 days that way, and rinse with as hot of water as I feel I can handle a couple of times in between when it seems needed.

Heh ... I came here to read about the research thing, but I always get so excited when people talk about the hair washing. Funniest thing, my father-in-law was thrilled when I told him what I was doing because that's all he used to use but his wife made fun of him. I think he's going back to it too.

Dooooo eeeeet ...

ps. my father was born and grew up in St. Paul. Coincidences abound today.

Shannon Houle said...

Small world for sure :). Thanks for sharing & reading my craziness lol